All of our training courses for historic environment professionals are approved by the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (see below for more details). To register your interest in any of our courses, please following the Booking Form links below.
You will need to bring a laptop and mouse with you to ensure that you can participate in the practical sessions. All practical sessions will be undertaken in QGIS, an open-source geographical information software (download instructions will be sent with your registration confirmation).
There will be a maximum of 8 participants so please book and pay in advance to secure your place on the course. Payment via Paypal or credit card at time of booking is preferred, please contact us if this is not possible.
If you find that you can’t attend we will refund the cost of the course minus an administrative fee until noon on Friday two weeks before the course. Refunds will not be made after this point, but transferring your place to another individual or credit for a future course will be considered where possible.
Our courses typically require a minimum of three participants to run. In the unlikely case that there are not enough bookings to run a course we will notify participants and make a full refund of the course fee by noon on Friday two weeks before the course date.
CIfA gives formal endorsement of CPD courses provided by external training providers if they meet the following criteria:
- Appropriate and achievable learning outcomes
- learning outcomes set out in terms of National Occupational Standards (NOS)
- certification for the purposes of CPD, with reference to the CIfA CPD requirement
- learning outcomes are monitored
- appropriate competence in trainers
- appropriate delegate numbers and/or tutor-delegate ratios
- attention to the specific learning needs of delegates and the ability to adapt if necessary
- provision for ongoing evaluation of the course and a process for modification in the light of delegate feedback
How to Find Us
All our courses are held at the Shaftesbury Centre, Swindon, SN2 2AZ
The Shaftesbury Centre is within easy reach of Swindon train station. Bus route 5 connects the station to Rodbourne Road and a taxi one-way should be around £5.
There is ample free public parking off Morris Street, to the rear of the Shaftesbury Centre building.
The training room is on the second floor with lift access. Please let us know if you will need any specific modifications to make your training day more comfortable.